Saturday, June 28, 2008

Teaching is a part of every individual’s life

   Date: June 28, 2008.
   Room: FLC 305 Fri/ Sat
   Teacher: DeanDo
    Student: RVQ
    Course/year: ABLL 4             

                  Teaching is a part of every individual’s life; we cannot erase the fact that every one is a teacher. We may be aware or not we are teachers in our own definite ways, in our own beliefs and the way we conceived it. Teachers play a very essential part on the growth and the whole being of every individual. We most of the time dismiss the idea of teaching because of our beliefs affected by the people, environment and the whole society which we belong. Every individual has his own dreams of uplifting the kind of living he has, and I am one of those I also believe that the teaching profession will never get me into that dream. Hence, there are things in our lives that we cannot but to experience all the disasters a human person who tries to continue struggling would sometime find himself out. It’s like as if journeying in a path so clear eloped with you are your armors, you have your faith, courage, strength, water and all the basic needs for you to survive and later on when you are already at the middle part you’ll find yourself,  in the desert very thirsty, discourage and faithless because your’re tired, and it seems like it is a never ending journey. Teaching now would mean sacrifice for others, burdens for most and yet passion for some who find themselves loving. Remembering now Jesus Christ as a teacher because HE LOVES US!
o   Why did I choose teaching?
o   How preferred am I to begin my student teaching?
o   What is missing, and how can I integrate it into my student teaching?
o   What will be expected of me for successful meaning of the practicum?
o   What are my goals and expectations for student teaching?

I did not actually choose teaching though in my daily life I use to teach. I teach my sister, my nephews, nieces and other kids who used to go to our home whenever I am there. This has been my role for them, and I feel encouragement, perseverance whenever I see them smile and say. Thank you Ate’. I remember my sister who used to text and ask me about her assignments especially in her English subjects. It is all because she believes that I can help her and I can’t deny her whenever she asks for help.  She often says: “You know I’ve got a perfect score in our assignments, ang galing2x mo talaga._____ parang ako!”. Those people who used to ask help from me made me realized that teachers are very important. We may most of the time ignore them because our focus had been in the different and popular aspects of life and w e forget that there are more on what it seems to have. Moreover, there are times we think we are driving our way to our own dream but suddenly we need to stop and have a break, fill our tank again, with courage, perseverance, fill in our minds the virtue of being patient and positive most specially bear in mind that God will never leave us, that He has His own powerful way of waking and instructing us in the right way. Sometimes, all the postponement in our lives are faithfully made to let us see the world in a wider perspective, that there are more to want much better of what we had wanted before. This remind us that happiness is not only a matter of making good things for yourself rather happiness is making others remember you with the goodness you have showed to them. I had experienced so many break ups in my life; I even went into so many struggles for the belief that what I had started is what I should be working on even though the world will go against me. Now I knew that those impediments I had are the glorious ways of God to show me more of what I had seen before, just as Paulo Coelho said in his book “the alchemist” –“when we survive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” I’m growing with all those, I continue to gain knowledge, understanding, patience, courage and confidence that I could conquer and win through the faith I have for Him and to all my mentors who continuously support me and believe in what I can do. I can say that I am now on the final ladder of learning the basic of the teaching profession I’ve learned to love and care about. I’m ready to start another level in order to upgrade myself and again do it with all of my heart,  
                 With all the theories, the methodologists, and strategies I can say that I am a competent student teacher, and I will not make any thing that will put my department and teachers into shame. What I want to learn more is to how can I improve the proper way of acting like a real teacher like the way my mentors act. Though I believe that I can learn as I am exposed to it, I actually observe how my teachers act, their pronunciation of every word, the way they communicate and even their very ways of teaching. I want to rebuild myself according to the Paulinian values the institution continually teaches. However, as a fourth year college student I am expected to perform my duty as practice teacher in the University or other Universities or colleges in the region. As a practice teacher I am expected to behave like a real Paulinian teacher, to carry the name of the University with grace, with pride, decency, integrity and with whole humility. Practicum would also mean the application of what has been learned in the classroom so therefore, I am expected to teach facts, to integrate learning in and outside the University campus, respect the students and the authorities. I am also expected to prepare the lesson very well in order to facilitate the learning environment of the classroom. One thing more is to incorporate values that may affect the students’ perception towards a meaningful life. I agree to what Dr. Concepcion Doyugan said: that in the first year of teaching everything will turn out very difficult, but she said that once you get into it you’ll find yourself enjoying the burdens, pains and glory of being a teacher. I also believe that teaching other students is a big opportunity I would never want to lose because I know from then that I love where and what I am doing at the present. I ‘am excited to teach, to do classroom demonstrations and other activities that may help me enhance the ability I just discovered recently. I am also excited that I’ll be talking into a crowd of students waiting to whatever I say, digesting the information I am giving. These are only some of the few beauties from this profession and this is one of the greatest I would like to do. Finally, I am hoping that soon I’ll be wearing my teacher’s uniform, walking in the corridor of the FLC with smile and excitement on face because that is the first day of my teaching career. Im praying for the realization of such, soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment