Sunday, July 28, 2013

“A Profession becomes LIFE if motivations come from the Heart”

“A Profession becomes LIFE if motivations come from the Heart

Why did I choose teaching?
Teaching is the most noble role and profession anybody could have. To teach is one particular thing one person could do to make his life worth living. This could have been a very old conviction but the idea it gives is forever present and is continuously living.

My choosing for this career does not mean my all beliefs, my everything and all that I know. Rather, it was influenced by my creator, my environment, the world and how I conceive the people around me. As young as seven years old I believe that my practices, the things I do and what role I used to play has great influence to what I wanted to become. I remember when I stand as the director to my playmates, I use to handle them and designate them in a particular role.  Unconsciously, I used to have with me a paper and pen, one who’s always in poise and is ready to go off in a certain room and talk to my younger playmates. These happenings gave me stronger faith that God touched my life and has redirected my way.

As I grow, and see different people in one uniform with one goal I realized that what I wanted is to become a teacher. I studied covering my elementary until I finished my college years however; these stages did not happened easy as stepping in a three steps ladder. As I got matured I realized the hindrances my newly discovered goal has to face. Now I see my family in dire poverty and the desire of helping them uplift the kind of living we have sprouted to my system.

Contrasts to my goals were developed as I see more faces of this poverty. I see children walking in the streets without anything to eat, without shelter and clothing. My personal ambitions were burned with this new passion developed in my heart, now I’ve gotten more reasons in making my life meaningful and especial. I would like to give a hand to these children through the means of education however; I know this is not easy I would like to take one step to this goal by means of becoming a TEACHER.

As my world expanded, I see different people with different dreams and goals in life. I also encountered different persons with different motives and strategies in life. Then suddenly, I realized that they were all moved to specific goal; this is HAPPINESS.

All I wanted in my life is happiness, not only for me but for my family and the world. My stratagem may not be simultaneous and steadfast as one goal would cost me but I am sure that this goal would mean HAPPINESS and PEACE for all. TEACHING is my way, my LIFESTYLE and my ACHIEVEMENT.

This is my very reason why I chose teaching profession; I wanted to influence and somehow redirect lives. I know I can reach out to the world with twenty to fifty students I have in my classroom. They may be small in number but I know these students shall give me a brighter glimpse to the real world and delivers me an authentic face of the world.


Prepared by:
RVQ

Bachelor of  Arts in Language and Literature

No comments:

Post a Comment