Monday, July 29, 2013

Re-post "Who is a Teacher?"

Reflection:
Who is the teacher?
        If you are going to ask me, who is the teacher I idolized most, what are the characteristics? I would certainly answer you that I like teachers who have passion for the profession. Someone who works not only for the benefits she may get from the job but of course the knowledge she may share as a teacher.
        If I will be a teacher someday, I would follow all the teachings and pieces of advice my teachers have give.
I’ve succeed from the previous ways of my teachers how they passionately teach, how they give their time, how they sacrifice for the benefit of their students because they do believe that these students are the hopes of the humanity and the world.
Like Mrs. Mariles Aquino, I saw her passion on the teaching profession. I saw how she manage to prepare the lesson to make her students better understand. She is one of the teacher I idolized in fact, she is one teacher I would not hesitate to share problems with and for this reason I do believe that she can live the life of a real teacher.
What are the things she does?
        Mrs. Mariles Aquino, a speech teacher. She actually gives time to her students to ponder on the lesson and she gives time for clarifications. Actually, she has a wide room for comments and suggestions from students. In short she levels herself to the students.
        She photocopies materials that are helpful to her students. She manages to stay glamorous despite the so many works she have.
What are things a teacher must possess?
       
A teacher for me a teacher should be a qualified teacher. Meaning she must be a passer of a qualifying exam, anybody can be a teacher, anyone in fact can teach but the problem arouse when the teacher is not professionally prepared.
A teacher must have passion for the profession, also for the students. A qualified teacher in a way is useless if she does not have love for teaching and love for her students. So for me the love for the job and the people you serves is second to the most important.
A teacher must be kind, understanding and work oriented. These qualities are very much important this is so because the relationship between teacher and the students must be develop along the way.

How can I become one?
        This is one question that entails promises and hopes for the future, however, I am in this endeavour because I love to teach. I wanted to become a teacher so I may legally impart my knowledge to the young and earn their thrust and respect later.

        To become a teacher in name is much easier than becoming a teacher with pledge. Why because a teacher by name can be gain throughout time, it is definite and for sacrifices you’ll be able to top it. While a teacher with oath will be best work for a lifetime and most of the times even after you die that’s the time people will realized the things you did for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment