Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Censure of Truth.

                                                       The Censure of Truth.

I hear the sound, huge voice blaring…calling, I hear it once more the birds went on their nest with fright. Animals are dumping, anywhere they come, and piping trumpets blowing with the horns, the calling that suggest no one is to be exempted. I hear it once again, footsteps from afar, shouting some other are crying and real emotions I feel on their voices, some are laughing, rejoicing with a child. Different and unfamiliar faces I see coming, many they are in a line pointing into one direction. This time I see him, a familiar black hat, terrified and surprised to see him once more, but no! Not yet this… time how did it happen? His coming straight into my direction. He is in black hat, black jacket, black pants, black leather shoes which I use to clean before, a white t-shirt; it was my mother’s gift I remember. I’m sure it is him walking like he use to do, very slow like when he use to when we were in the park sometime ago but it was exactly  twenty- five years ago. I look and he is going near me now, he doesn’t have any wrinkles unlike before as I touch his face, I know it was him, I can feel it. But mother and father have wrinkles on their faces how did it happen? She was his daughter… ah no matter, for as long he is here. I went inside the house and called out my mother, “nay”,… grandpa is back I shouted, I called her again. I’m excited to tell the news as I entered the house I see no one, but the television left opened I just left them in the living room, but they are not anymore there , I went in the kitchen, in the bedroom, bathroom, even in the study room but their nowhere to be found. My parents are weak and old how could they possibly go out that far? I worried as I tried to call out my husband in his office to tell him about the problem, but to my surprise as I handle the phone I was disappointed to know that there is no dial tone. I went out but when I step on the porch lightning and thunder started to flash which brought a feeling of terror into my heart, I need to see my parents, and I need to see grandpa they might get sick. I worried for my two kids who are still in school that time, I get an umbrella in the kitchen and I went out of the house.

One thing I wanted to do is to see my family and after we’ll plan for a re-union and this is going to be a big party and I’ll make sure it will be memorable. As I step out it was dark, I called out the name of my grandpa but nothing I heard in reply, I saw him continuously walking and his already ten meters away from the house and he was trying to line himself to a group of people falling in line directing their way into a that bright and gleaming staircases and there I noticed an open door above. Boys and girls, young and old are rejoicing as they marched and they enter into the door, others I saw crying begging to let them enter. I decided to follow my grandpa and I tried to approach him saying grandpa let’s go home, you don’t need to follow them,  I waited for an answer but he seemed not to hear me and he doesn’t care with my existence unlike before that he’ll kiss me and put me in his lap. I misses those, I followed him still and we entered into a gate, gradually the old clothes I wear changes into a new white colored clothes I was astonished to see others too with the same changes my grandpa’s black colored clothes were changed into white, we are all in white this time . As he went on I asked him again “grandpa where are we?” he just look at me and smiled, I don’t know what his smile means. But  I believe his happy “don’t you remember me?” I asked, again no answer “I’ am your granddaughter, I’ve changed I know, because it’s been twenty and five years  grandpa-but it was still me” he nodded and I continued this time, I saw figures coming… I identified one and then two and soon all of them. I recognized my mother, beside her my father, my sister, brothers and behind them my husband, children, a neighbor, my best friend and other relatives. I’m glad to see them all here at a time, “oh, nanay and tatay I’ve been looking for you” I said, but they did not answer, I continued as I tell that grandpa is here. I want us to have a grand reunion as I look onto his direction. Only to be surprised that he was already far behind “come let us talk to grandpa” but no one obeyed as if they do not know me and they went on their ways. With different directions they go, they have their own business to make, my youngest daughter innocently played with the other children there, my mother went in the garden and picked some flowers in there, my father with my two brothers used and played the guitars. I tried to talk to my mother and she gave in reply a flower but she does not really care with what I’m saying.
The place was beautiful and quiet, I walk and walk until I saw people who are gathered in a kingdom of gold…curious about it, I entered into the hall, happy and merry the faces I see listening into the voice with gladness and they were free. He said words of wisdom which delighted everybody. Many times I tried to look at him but each time it’s difficult and impossible for me.
I see people kneeling down, praying, and singing to give praise. I cried with so much pain, and anguish it seemed that my family had forgotten me which made me feel miserably- I prayed that I may be able to turn back the time, before this time comes I may let them feel first how much I love and care them, now I knew that when a person die he will definitely know nothing of himself, his past, his love ones, everything on him will vanished. I cried and cried, begging to let me go back and do what is supposed to be. I need to correct my mistakes, I need to say sorry, and I need to do more good deeds and contribute as much as I could- till I heard a voice, this time it was smooth, different- a feminine voice. It was my mother, gently shaking my shoulder “wake up  my dear, wake up” she said I immediately woke up and hug her tightly, she asked what had happened  as she wipes away my tears. I asked her if I had been a good daughter and asked for forgiveness, she assured me that it was all forgiven “why are you crying? She asked and there I narrated everything.

Suddenly, my father opened the door and asked if we’re ready- we’re going to attend on a Sunday mass. Yes, it is Sunday a brand new day to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment